Sunday, March 4, 2012

What My Crazy Hands Do...






I don't know when this habit, seeing pictures i love, cut and stick 'em together, came. I wouldn't dare to called it a collage, because collage is art and it has meaning, mine is a wreckage of images i love to see gathers in one page of blank paper.

The hardest part of making this is choosing which image and combine it with what image, it takes the longest time, not to mention the gluing part. As for the material or the images it's hugely depend on my creative eyes, old magazines, posters, brochures, basically anything will do.

I remember making the Young Truman Capote, it was after i read his novel Summer Crossing and loved it so much. I found this image of him in a local free magazine and decided to not combine it with other images, i want it to be just Truman Capote with my handwriting.

Looking back, I think I've been doing this since i was a kid, not in a piece of paper, but keeping it inside my head. All of this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment